Apple Introduces A New Patent That Allows Siri To Enhance The Do Not Disturb While Driving Mode To A New Level

Share:
If you're a person who drives around a lot, then this topic is about to get more sunshine in your driving experience.

new-siri-patent-for-do-not-disturb-while-driving-mode

Apple Carplay Is About To Offer Us New Quintessential Features

Months ago when I had no idea that Apple has equipped Siri with new features regarding Carplay, I simply turned on my Bluetooth and got into my car and let my iPhone and car get connected. As usual, I asked Siri to play music and it did. To my surprise, I never really touched my iPhone while driving throughout the drive. I was wondering if I had no service on my phone and stopped to check. Then I noticed that when I connected my iPhone to my car via. bluetooth, The Do Not Disturb mode was enabled too and I wondered why. Then I did a little research on the updates that Apple provided with the latest update of iOS 11. To my surprise, I received a few calls and Siri replied with a text to all of them that I was driving and that ill get back as soon as I pull over. If the caller kept calling me, Siri told them to reply with "Urgent" to let me know that I needed to make this call ASAP. I was quite surprised because I'm not the kind of a person who would want to allow distractions while driving and as a matter of fact I was looking forward to something just like this that kept my mind off the phone, kept my hands on the wheel and eyes on the road. I thought this couldn't get any better but to my surprise, it actually is about to get a whole lot better.

Do not disturb while driving is an effort that could avoid a lot of fatal tragedies by texting the caller that you're busy, the next update could make Siri answer the call for you to warn that you're driving and couldn't talk. According to the new Apple patent Siri could have predetermined answers to answer your calls to let them know you're driving.

According to the United States Patent and Trademark Office, Apple is constantly trying to improve its system to avoid distractions while driving. As of now, Siri replies your calls with a text that you're driving and can't talk, Apple wants to go further and allow Siri to tell the callers about the user.

siri-patent-for-donotdisturb-while-driving-to-next-level

According to the new patent by Apple, Siri could send your current location to the caller, thanks to GPS. You could also send a list of your calendar events that. you have on that day or the status of your device. The general idea is that Siri can combine the different types of information that's at hand, to offer each caller the appropriate information in regards to the context and confidence of trust with that particular contact.

maps-in-car-ios

During the WWDC remarkable improvements are expected for Siri, As each day passes the necessity for artificial intelligence is becoming an important aspect at Apple, for instance, we got Homepod among us now. Along with improvements regarding Siri, we may also see a lot of considerable improvements in regards to the 'Do not disturb while driving' feature along with Siri's intelligence.

Stay tuned for the updates coming up this WWDC event.
                                                                                                                        -Team AppleSteer. 

No comments